Ruger - AR556 5.56
The Ruger® AR-556® is a semi-automatic, M4-style, direct impingement Modern Sporting Rifle that offers consumers an affordable, American-made rifle with the rugged reliability they have come to expect from Ruger. Extensively tested during it's development, the AR-556® is constructed from top-quality components, including forged 7075-T6 aluminum upper and lower receivers and a cold hammer-forged, chrome-moly steel barrel with M4 feed ramp cuts. Chambered in 5.56 NATO, the AR-556's carbine-length, flattop, M4 design is fully configured with a Ruger® Rapid Deploy folding rear sight, milled F-height gas block with post front sight, forward assist, dust cover, brass deflector, telescoping six-position stock, improved trigger-reach grip and enlarged trigger guard. Standardized M4/AR components are utilized throughout, so the AR-556® can be customized easily.
- Stock: Collapsible, Black Synthetic
- Front Sight: Adjustable Post
- Rear Sight: Adjustable Ruger® Rapid Deploy
- Barrel Length: 16.10"
- Thread Pattern: 1/2"-28
- Twist: 1:8"
- Magazine Capacity: 30 Rounds
- Ruger® Rapid Deploy folding rear sight provides windage adjustability, and pairs with the elevation-adjustable front sight for a solid, reliable aiming system. The A2-style F-height allows co-witness with many optics. The rear sight can be folded out of the way to make room for optics, but can be instantly redeploy if needed.
- Six-position telescoping M4-style buttstock and Mil-Spec buffer tube allow the rifle to be properly sized for different shooters, or varying levels of outer wear or defensive gear.
- Made from aerospace-grade 7075-T6 aluminum forging, the flattop upper receiver includes a forward assist, dust cover and brass deflector, and is Type III hard coat anodized for maximum durability.
- Bolt is machined from 9310 alloy steel and is shot peened and pressure (proof) tested to ensure strength, structural integrity and durability.
- Patent-pending Barrel Nut and Delta Ring are designed for one-person handguard removal and installation. The design accepts standard carbine-length handguards. The barrel nut uses a standard wrench and can be swapped with a Mil-Spec barrel nut if desired.
- Milled gas block is located at a carbine-length (M4) position for improved balance and handling. Multiple attachment points include a QD socket and bayonet lug for many sling and accessory mounting options. Serrations on the angled face of the gas block provide a low-glare surface.
- Single-statge trigger provides durable and reliable fire control. The enlarged trigger guard is desinged to allow gloved shooting.
- Cold hammer -forged barrel with ultra-precise rifling provides exceptional accuracy, longevity and easy cleaning. the 1:8" twist rate stabilizes bullets from 55 to 77 grains, and the 5.56 NATO chamber allows the use of both 5.56 NATO and .233 Rem. ammunition. M4 feed ramps provide improved operational reliability, and the matte black oxide finish reduces glare and provides corrosion resistance. A Ruger® flash suppressor is provided, and the 1/2"-28 threaded barrel allows for standard muzzle accessories to be installed.
- Ergonomic pistol grip features an extended trigger reach for more precise trigger control.
- Chrome-plated bolt carrier inside diameter and chrome-plated gas key inside diameter provide exceptional resistance to hot gases. The gaskey is staked so that it will not loosen after extensive firing. A matte black oxide finish on the exterior of the bolt carrier provides corrosion resistance.
- Handguards are made from heat-resistant glass-filled nylon for shooting comfort and durability.